Bamberg - Guesthouse Judenstrasse 7-9
The first mention of the building dates back to 1350, when it is mentioned as the property of the Jew Liebermann. An inn called "Zum Schwarzen Adler" is mentioned here as early as 1487. In 1678 the building was acquired by the baker Pankraz Behr, whose nickname 'Polarbär' is reflected in the name of the inn. In 1736-1738 the building was rebuilt according to the plans of Justus Heinrich Dientzenhofer.
The first mention of the building dates back to 1350, when it is mentioned as the property of the Jew Liebermann. The next record is from 1363, when Konrad and Kunigunde Rüdiger donate half of the house in the "Vicus Judeorum zu Babenberg" to the parish of St. James.
In 1487, the cooper Hermann Gratzer acquired the house with the inn "Zum schwarzen Adler" (At the Black Eagle).
Since 1678 the baker Pankraz Behr has been the owner. The owner's nickname 'Polarbär' is also reflected in the name of the inn 'Zum Polarbär' and the shape of the house sign as a polar bear. Later on, the name of the newly established brewery ('Pola Bear'), which has been documented here since 1732 under the original house number 16919.
In 1736-1738, the original cellars were rebuilt according to the design of Just Heinrich Dietzenhofer. The year 1738 is also mentioned together with the double-headed eagle in the foundation stone of the portal.
The original restoration use has been preserved to this day.
rey building with a gable roof with five dormers (from 1942), perhaps still with a 16th-century mass in the core, with preserved cellars, rebuilt in 1736-1738 with a six-bay façade. The ground floor is framed by corner pilasters, continued on the first floor by plain corner pilasters on high plinths. Towards the courtyard the courtyard the façade is smooth. The reconstruction was designed by Justus Heinrich Dientzenhofer.
From 1732 the 'Pola Bear' brewery operated here, the chimney of which was demolished in 1938.
The restaurant "Bolero" currently operates here.